Becoming a 1st-time manager
Manage people effectively. A career journal to help you make the transition from managing self, to managing others. Understand what it means to manage. Review the key components of becoming a 1st-time manager, assessing your strengths and gaps.
With expert content and bite-size self-development exercises:
- Review your journey into management, understanding expectations that will be placed on you.
- Learn about key responsibilities such as recruitment, performance management, reward, learning, talent, managing budgets, employee health and wellbeing.
- Strengthen your communication skills to engage, motivate, and develop others
- Create a development plan that will benefit you and your team.
Managing people isn’t for everyone but it’s often a natural progression when you work somewhere for any length of time or take on more responsibility. Understand what it means to manage, becoming familiar with key managerial concepts and situations.
- A5 hardback journal packed with expert content, journaling space, hints, tips and challenges
- 160 pages, including 40 blank reflection pages
- Leather-look cover exterior with 120 gsm silk finish off-white interior pages
- Two colour print with a matching 6mm grosgrain bookmark ribbon
- FSC certified material from sustainable and traceable sources
- Grey and wine red